On the surface, Klaviyo and Mailchimp seem like similar services. Both allow you to send emails in bulk to your clients and customers. But it turns out that there are some significant differences in how the two email platforms operate.
Klaviyo provides a cluster of services that aim to make businesses money while MailChimp is more of an all-in-one marketing platform.
Core to Klaviyo’s approach is email marketing, email automation and analytics. The brand aims to give businesses a set-and-forget system and is particularly useful for ecommerce brands.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, provides more multi-channel tools so you can connect customer touchpoints. You can even use the platform to publish your store pages.
Here are some of the key differences between the two platforms:
- Klaviyo does not limit monthly email sends, while Mailchimp does
- Mailchimp’s CRM tool provides behavioral insights while Klaviyo offers future spend and churn probabilities
- Mailchimp offers more than 289+ integrations while Klaviyo supports 200+
- Klaviyo only works on iOS, whereas Mailchimp is compatible with both iOS and Android
- Klaviyo offers segment reports, while Mailchimp does not
In summary, the differences between the two platforms are minimal. For most businesses, the limitations of Klaviyo (only being available on iOS) will be the biggest concern. However, some brands will prefer Klaviyo’s tight integration with Shopify, making any migration to iOS more worthwhile.
Klaviyo also believes in adopting a simple, transparent and straightforward pricing model. Included in the monthly subscription are unique coupon codes, advanced pop-ups and multivariate testing which you do not get with Mailchimp.